Sunday, January 24, 2010

Oriental Eyes Shakes the Thai Film Industry with Presence of Shawn Yue in Its 2010 Big Project, My Best Bodyguard

Oriental Eyes Co., Ltd., proudly announced a pleasant surprise of Hong Kong actor’s presence in My Best Bodyguard, the action-packed film directed by Sirippakorn Wongchariyawat. It is no one but Shawn Yue, whose Infernal Affairs trilogy and Initial D are unforgettable,and who famously opposites Josh Hartnett in I Come with the Rain and worked with such renowned directors as the Pang Brothers. Besides, he, together with Ekin Cheng, also won the Best Male Actor Award for Rule Number One (Dai yat gaai) at the Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival in 2008.


My Best Bodyguard is Shawn Yue’s first Thai film. His role is Sean, a businessman working for an international medicine company, who developed a new kind of vaccine for human immunity. His character is brilliant, ingenious and successful. However, his interest in financial benefits and power may pose a real risk to all mankind.

Of Shawn Yue, Wongchariyawat said, “I really admire his performance, especially his use of eye expression. Something was shone and shown from within. Inner feeling. That’s why we thought of him, when we looked for an actor for the Sean role. It was such a delight when he said yes to My Best Bodyguard.”

Shawn Yue himself revealed why he made a decision to participate in this Thai film with Oriental Eyes, the Thai crew and, most important of all, HRH Princess Ubolratana of Thailand, “Of course, it is my first Thai film. I’ve been here before for working with Hong Kong film crew. But this is my first time to work with Thai people – Thai director, Thai actors and actresses. What a rare chance. Although that a little bit thrills me, I really feel delighted. Furthermore, as I’ve been here in Thailand before, I know Thai culture. Like the Thai people, it is my greatest honour; it’s way beyond my imagination that I have an opportunity to work with HRH Princess Ubolratana of Thailand. It gives me enormous pleasure.

“Finally, I’d like to say ‘Hello’ to all Thai fans. Please support this film. If you like me, I need your support for my first Thai film.”

Get ready to see Shawn Yue’s role in his first Thai film, My Best Bodyguard. In Mid 2010. In Theatres nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment